Happy Easter, a little early!
This weekend is Easter Sunday, and we will be spending time with family, attending church, and heading out for an Easter brunch. I'm sure many of you will be sitting down to enjoy a lovely meal featuring a HAM. I have partaken of many an Easter ham dinner, but I enjoy it most when it's incorporated into a recipe, versus the star of the show. I've got a number of uses for you for those Easter ham leftovers. If you have a favorite ham recipe, please feel free to share!
Some no recipe needed uses:
- make a hot ham & Swiss sandwich with a good roll - use some brown mustard, too
- toast an English muffin, heat up some ham, scramble some eggs, and melt a little cheese on it for breakfast
- dice it up, throw it in a pan to heat it and brown it a little bit, and top a baked potato with ham, cheese and broccoli
- make Stromboli with ham, broccoli & cheese
- cut some thin slices and make a Cuban! Here's the recipe I like: Cuban recipe from Tyler Florence
- dice it and make a chef salad of sorts with whatever you've got on hand - cheese, hard-boiled egg, ham, turkey, tomato, etc.
- throw some chunks of ham and pineapple on a skewer and make kebabs!
- make Hawaiian pizza - not my thing, but some people love it!
Some hammy recipes:
Our family used to make a "hot dish" with leftover diced ham, sliced potatoes, some diced onion, ground black pepper, and a can of cream of mushroom soup (I know) - it was really tasty, actually... Here's a"classed-up" version: Ham & Potato Bake
Ham & Cheese Pretzel Bites
Ham & Cheese Sliders
Spinach, Ham & Egg Frittata