That, paired with some illness and a ridiculous weeknight schedule with basketball and other activities has made meal planning a huge challenge. I winged it last week, trying to use up things we had in the freezer and pantry. Here's what we ended up with:
- Monday: spaghetti with this sauce - every kid likes that - I just kept the beef out during cooking, and then used my immersion blender to blend the MANY veggies I threw in so the kids didn't freak out, then stirred in the browned and drained meat.
- Tuesday: chicken fajita bowls - rice, seasoned chicken, peppers/onions, various toppings
- Wednesday: beef tacos - holy spicy taco mix, Trader Joe - whew! we all were surprised...
- Thursday: baked chicken (mystery freezer meal discovered in the freezer) with brown rice and steamed veggies
- Friday: ordered pizza - mom got sick, what can I say?
- Saturday: leftovers, and some egg/Canadian bacon/cheese English muffin sandwiches (yep, still sick)
For this week, when asked, the kids said they wanted steak with blue cheese and Chinese food for dinner. And chicken. Really? No help there... So here's the rough plan:
- Beef with broccoli - trying a Pinned recipe
- Homemade baked chicken tenders with various dipping sauces
- Steak sandwiches with Cambozola and caramelized onions, some homemade fries maybe
- Chicken/Broccoli/Asiago/Penne Skillet
- Back-ups/options in the freezer for quick meals: chili, chicken noodle soup, browned ground beef, cooked, ready to throw into anything (tacos, sloppy joes, etc.), shredded chicken, some Ney's burger patties for quick burgers, a # of bacon, and a host of veggies
We'll see what happens...