Friday, August 17, 2012

Gearing Up

It was good to take a break this summer...

This summer, I just kind of felt like winging it in the kitchen, which was good and bad, and I didn't try out a TON of new recipes since it was so darn hot so many times, so there was just a lot of grilling and old standards goin' on here.  We were on the road a ton, too, so lots of times, we were eating on the run or on vacation.

I like my little space in the blogosphere, because I don't feel like there's anyone out there hanging on my every last word, depending on me to write a new post.  (And if there was someone like that, well, then I failed you miserably this summer.)  I love it when people comment and share, and I love seeing my page views increase, but I haven't wept miserably that I haven't become the next Pioneer Woman with my own show (love her - she is awesome!).

The purpose for this little space is to share my favorite recipes and things with my friends and family if they want to look, store our freezer meal swap recipes and instructions, and to have a place to keep all of my go-to recipes, and occasionally rant and rave about things.  I also like doing my meal plan on the blog, because there's a teeny bit of accountability there.  So, I'll be starting up some meal plan posts again soon, and I will be trying some new recipes out as the weather turns cooler.

This fall, I am going to take a seasonal job, so I will be out of the house most of the school day - that will require more meal planning on my part, fo' sho'.  We also purchased a hunk of cow this summer (yay), so I now have a freezer of awesomeness to go dig into when I need some beefy inspiration.  Feel free to throw out some comments if there are things you'd like to see, or kinds of recipes you'd like us to road test in the kitchen this fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment