Monday, August 8, 2011

Freezer Meal Swaps

Quick post here - I just added the guidelines for freezer meal swaps.  I borrowed them from a friend who got me hooked, and tweaked a few things here and there.  If you haven't tried a meal swap yet, give it a try - it's a great way to fill up the freezer for the busy back-to-school season, and save some $$$, too.

For some reason, my kids are more willing to try new recipes made by someone else, so it can also be a good way to introduce some new recipes into the lineup without all of the grief.  Good luck!
  

2 comments:

  1. I would add in the suggestions here to always thaw your items in the fridge in a container, because sometimes bags have small leaks in them and you don't want a mess in your fridge! Believe me, I learned this the hard way! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT point - in fact, I am cleaning out a drawer and the bottom shelf of my fridge tomorrow due to a chicken fajita meat thaw - the bad had a hole in it. GAR!

    ReplyDelete