Saturday, August 13, 2011

Date Night!

It's date night!  Whoo-hoo!

It's our 13th (Baker's dozen, ha-ha) anniversary tomorrow, and we've not had a date night for a long time, so we're headed to Harbor House tonight to celebrate.  We love going out (but don't do it a ton, especially if we don't have a coupon!), so we often pick a new place to try.  For a special occasion, though, we are more likely go with a tried-and-true favorite, so we have a good chance of having a great experience. 

This one is new to us, but we generally love the Bartolotta restaurants.  Lake Park Bistro is my personal favorite, mostly because of the great times we've had there as a couple and with friends...and that SAUCE - Cognac cream sauce (or "booze sauce" as a friend deemed it).  Sooooooooo good.  I must say, though, that even the veggies there can produce emotional responses - I was actually JEALOUS that my sister got more of those gorgeous sugar snap peas with her dinner than I did - it was her birthday, though, so I let it go.

Instead of sharing a recipe, I want YOU to share your favorite places to celebrate a special occasion, or other traditions.  Do you have a special menu you prepare, or "recipe" for celebration?  Let's hear it!

2 comments: